DEFENSIVE PISTOL I, II, III
TAUGHT BY A CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
There is a significant gap between the level of skill required to obtain a license to carry a handgun and those to survive a genuine deadly force encounter. The Defensive Pistol I course introduces practical defensive handgun skills so that under stress to a lethal threat, you can respond with appropriate speed and accuracy.
Additional training in the Defensive Pistol II & III courses provides instruction on skills such as drawing from concealment while moving to cover, reloading, malfunction clearing, shooting from cover, and shooting from multiple positions.
Participants Must Bring:
- Pistol (.22-.45 caliber) – Texas LTC requires qualification with at least .32 caliber.
- Ear & Eye Protection
- 150 Rounds of Ammunition
- Concealed and/or Open Carry Holster & Belt
- Two Magazines for Pistol Minimum (Four preferred)
- Drawing Pistol Drill
- Drawing & Firing Pistol from Cover
- Post Incident Actions
Prerequisite for Defensive Pistol Classes:
- Pistol Basics Class or LTC